Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Last Day of Winter


Good Bye, Winter.
It's been a long, cold and snowy one.
It's funny.
So many conversations of how
winter should not be winter.
The cold, the biting winds,
the ice slicked roads,
the snapping of limbs,
the plummeting temperatures,
the delivery of yet another truckload
of  home heating oil,
the roar of snowplows,
the lack of sunshine.
The lack of daylight,
 the chapped lips and dry skin,
the frozen rivers,
the frozen people.
The frustration of life frozen.
So tonight, we close winter.
I will miss the snow. But not for long.
I will miss the fireplaces in full bloom. But not for long.
I will miss the winter sunsets. But not for long.
I will embrace a new season tomorrow.
I will be in love.
For a long, long time!
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment